Thorns & Roses



 Where we are again….

Another heartbreak in a different fleece

Same storyline, same strategy. Different timeline same old pain

Memories can't keep staying memories, night terrors keep seeping into my reality


Sigh my only symphony

My heart, the fiddle over and over again

Reasons to live keep running out pretty fast

Thought my friend gouging my peace, leaving me wide open was the hardest battle I could face

Then you showed me how bad it can turn out by making "my blood" ruin my only redemption

Et tous Randall? Je ne suis pas Ceaser.


3 years and counting it has been

Playing chicken with love so my heart bruises no more

And still I got it wrong…

Wrong all over again.... 

Words carefully practiced, like a dagger sharpened to eviscerate the remaining hopes I kept holding on to


God I hate what follows


Thorns and roses

Pain, regrets, misery wearing familiar faces

Back to basics I assume

Bottles, smokes and regrets

Love is a beautiful thing

But I've bled enough to know

The thorns outlast the bloom


Thorns and Roses


Phase II

Now the demons have taken over,

Doing a 200mph on a freeway waiting for that small trip,

The last straw, 

That last push to end it all,

Set me free, burn me to Uppsala

The fangs went deep this time

This one corrupted the only safe space I once had, memories


I put my head underwater

Hoping and praying niggas can't see these tears

I raise my hands to God in prayer, and beg

Take this dark cup from me

Lest this youngin perish

Feel the char within me,

I boil a melting pot of pain regrets and shame

"At the hour of my death, call me...

Dear lord, "

A million times I've had hope, a million and one times I've been broken.

"Oh, that was nothing...

I don't know what you are talking about "

My old love has amnesia now, I'm not even a thing of the past, I'm the thing that never happened. That catastrophe she cleaned of and moved on without looking back.

Thorns and roses,

I'm now just her Sodom...

Maybe a myth, Atlantis 


Two hours, fifteen minutes 

It's all over. The past is gone, 

Memories tainted, 

Meaning of existence erased. 

Im just a figment that never was to be,

A stain that blends perfectly with the patterns. 

Perhaps I never even made a mark


Pain enlightened me

Can't hide behind mask, figments this smoke

Screens, thy ain't real it's all a hoax

Precious a stone lemme endure my transfiguration

If I vanish, I vanish

Comments

Popular Posts